Hearing loss can occur at any point in a person's life. Whether gradually or suddenly, depending on the probable cause to a hearing issue, this is not something that should be ignored. The longer you wait to address a hearing concern, the deeper the severity. To determine if you might need a hearing aid, we have listed some common social and emotional signs below.
See if you can relate to any of the following:
* You find yourself avoiding social settings, for fear of not being able to carry on a conversation, because of your hearing loss.
* You avoid places where there are larger crowds, like events, malls or busy restaurants.
* You have trouble understanding and following a conversation of more than 2 people.
* You feel annoyed that people say they can't understand you, and likewise annoyed because you can't understand them.
* You start to lose interest in things you once enjoyed, due to trouble with hearing.
* You find yourself having to concentrate more on hearing than you did before. You watch facial expressions and the movement of lips to fully understand what someone is saying.
* There is ringing in your ears.
* You listen to your radio or TV too high
* You have trouble hearing higher pitched tones, like the voice of women or children.
* You often hear mumbling when someone is talking to you.
* You tend to avoid talking on the phone as much as possible because you can't hear what the person on the opposite end is saying, and there are no visual cues to help you.
While these signs are most common, every individual is different, but if anything seems "off" to you in your hearing, get it checked out. Whether you notice hearing loss in one ear or both, Virginia Hearing Group, or your local hearing specialsit can easily schedule you for a consultation and hearing test. Upon completion of your hearing evaluation, the hearing specialist will educate you on different treatment options so that you can decide what the best option for YOU is, going forward.
To schedule your consultation with Virginia Hearing Group, click here.